Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chien-Ming Wang=Big Start

Chien-Ming Wang will take the hill tonight in need of a win. I don't know what he has to do tonight to get another start but he clearly needs to pitch better then he has at any point this year. I don't think its enough to say he needs to win the game. He could go out there and get hit hard and survive 5 innings and have the Yankees score a ton of runs and win the game 9-8, that wouldn't be enough for him. In his culture the birth of a child is supposed to bring luck to the parents so lets hope the birth of his son does that for him. I think the best thing that could happen for Wang tonight is the Yankees scoring some runs early and he can relax and go to work. I really don't know what to think, his stuff was there in his last start, he just couldn't get it over the plate. Joe Girardi has said repeatedly this is a big start for Wang but hasn't said what he needs to do or what he needs to see from him. It should be an interesting night, what do you guys think Wang needs to do?? I wonder if Posada will catch him or they will let Cervelli work with him which brings up a whole other issue that I will talk about in another blog entry.

1 comment:

  1. Just checked...it will be Jorge catching. I think this is a big mistake for today's crucial start of Wang's. I know they had Cervelli catching during BP with Tony Pena...simulated wild pitches. Maybe he wasn't as "on top of it," as Girardi would prefer. I would think his experience at AA would offer him a history with wild pitches...Either way, I can imagine Jorge now: deliberately gesturing for Wang to get his pitches down and begrudgingly rising to chase down the dirt balls...that look in Wang's eyes when he's lost...

    Big mistake Joe. Wang at least deserved a chance today. Cervelli would have been a better choice. Even if it had only been for 4 innings...switching Posada in at the 5th...

    Hope I'm wrong...

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template