Saturday, November 14, 2009

Joe Torre Safe At home Dinner

Joe Torre had his annual Safe At Home Foundation Dinner last night at the Chelsea Piers. He of course had a lot of Yankees there and revealed that he was rooting for the Yankees in the World Series. He did say it was "surreal" to see the Yankees winning the World Series without him. Joe Torre said "but to watch what they've done, and especially with Joe Girardi at the helm, it really made me feel good even though I'm supposed to be a National League fan. When you're as close to these guys as I have been for all these years, I was just real pleased for them." It looks like after saying he would be done after this upcoming season that he is trying to extend his deal for another year. I can only say poor Don Mattingly it looks like Joe Torre may be one of those guys you have to rip the uniform off of him before he retires. Don Mattingly has been so loyal to him and saying all the right things. I know it was never formally said that Mattingly would take over but everyone has basically said that and been led to believe that but how long will Donnie Baseball have to wait. I know he did interview for the Cleveland and I think Washington job but didn't get them so he will continue on as the hitting coach for Joe Torre and the Dodgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template