Thursday, October 8, 2015

MLB LDS Preview and Predictions


I will start out by saying that Baseball is almost impossible to predict but with that said I will try my best. The Toronto Blue Jays are heavy favorites in the American League and in the National League you really have no clear cut favorite, I think the St. Louis Cardinals would have been if they weren't so injured.  I will start with the American League and then move to the National League.

The Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers kick off the LDS matchups on Thursday afternoon.  The Blue Jays were on fire the last 45 games or so of the regular season and I don't really see that changing now.  The Texas Rangers also got hot at the end of the season but it was really in September and not as hot as the Blue Jays.  I see the Blue Jays winning this series behind David Price and great offense in four games.  I wouldn't be shocked though if the Blue Jays swept them. 

The other matchup has the young and energetic Houston Astros against the young Kansas City Royals who are now experienced going through it last year in their run to the World Series.  I think the Astros are good especially behind Dallas Keuchel but he pitched the one game playoff against the Yankees and will only be able to start once in this series and later in the series so that is a disadvantage.  The Astros probably have a little better hitters and definitely more power but I will say the Royals will win this series in four games. 

The National League has a great Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Mets matchup.  This series will feature tons of pitching and I think the Mets are very good but they just won't be able to get past Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke plus the Dodgers have been here every year for the last couple of years and the Mets are new to this whole thing called the postseason.  I will say the Dodgers win this series in four or five. 

The St. Louis Cardinals vs. the Chicago Cubs is also an intriguing matchup.  I would have picked the Cardinals but with them being so banged up I am not sure.  I am going to go with the Chicago Cubs who could make a run and make the city of Chicago really go crazy plus Back to the Future II picked the Cubs to win the World Series this year.  Have fun and enjoy the baseball that all kicks off on Thursday afternoon.   

1 comment:

  1. Its such as you read my mind! You appear to know so much
    about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something.
    I believe that you can do with a few % to drive the message house a bit, however other than that,
    that is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I'll
    definitely be back.

    my blog :: inside out hack

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template