Monday, December 1, 2008

Baseball Arbitration

The New York Yankees have decided to not offer arbitration to any of their free agents. I think this is a bit of a shock, i thought for sure they would offer Abreu and Giambi arbitration, but I think maybe they are fearful of the market not being there with the economy in the sewer and that they would just take the money for 1 year and try to reestablish their market for next year. I am also thinking that this says to me, the Yanks are going to spend money to try and get Tex as well as Sabathia and burnett if they have too or if he comes down in price maybe they would still go after him. I wouldn't be upset though if they just ended up signing only CC and Tex. I saw that the Brewers offered CC and Sheets arbitration, now CC isnt going back to them but I could see Sheets doing that as there doesn't appear to be a market for him. Also the Jays offered Burnett arbitration, i guess there is a chance he goes back there but he has enough of a market i am sure he will end up somewhere else. I hope the hotstove will really start to get going now that the holiday is over and the winter meetings begin next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template