Friday, December 5, 2008

Winter Meetings countdown

It looks like we are finally getting somewhere in this rather boring baseball offseason. The Yankees appear to be growing inpatient with not signing anyone yet especially CC. Brian Cashman met with Scott Boras yesterday in Washington D.C. and a suprise guest at the request of Boras was there with him, it was Big Tex, man would of I loved to be a fly on the wall,this was first reported by the NY times and on mlb.com. I like the sound of that but we shall see what happens. Cashman is planning on meeting with CC next in Vegas ahead of the meetings, i think i would offer him free food at the restaurant of his choice in the city. I am glad the Yankees are getting more aggressive and I hope they get him by the end of the weekend. I did hear today that that a friend of CC said there are 2 other mystery teams that have bid, but i dont believe that for one second, the Giants GM said they aren't going too, the Angels said they are focused on Tex and the Dodgers on Manny, I think that is just trying to get the Yanks nervous. I also hear today according to Jayson Starks blog on ESPN that there is increasing buzz about the Yanks signing sheets. I believe that the Braves will get Burnett by the end of the weekend or next week with there 4 yr offer with a 5th yr incentive option but will go 5 yrs if they have too. I expect to be blogging a lot this weekend and next week regarding the Winter Meetings and hopefully good news out of the Bronx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template