Monday, February 2, 2009

Steelers win 6th Title

The Super Bowl turned out to be a great game for the second straight year. I would of liked to see less flags thrown but it was an enjoyable game. I think it came out like most people thought but I came out of this game thinking the best football team wasn't even playing. I am not just saying this because I am a Giants fan but they were the best team all year and if they would of gotten past Philly I think they would of been in the Super Bowl to defend their title. The Giants biggest problem of course was that because the Plax incident happened so late in the season that they couldn't adjust but hey it is what it is. The Steelers I felt would be the team out of the AFC for most of the year even though the Titans were considered the best team. I think Big Ben made up for his poor showing in the first Super Bowl he was in. Kurt Warner didn't do anything to hurt his chances of becoming a hall of famer. He didn't win the Super Bowl but he played very well. We knew about Larry Fitzgerald coming into this game and the Steelers did a good job of shutting him down until the fourth quarter when he made his presence felt. Anquan Boldin had a good game, he may be trade bait but we shall see. The halftime show was great and I think Jennifer Hudson performed one of the best National Anthems I have ever heard especially being the first public appearance since the murders of her mother, brother and nephew. The NFL season ended on a high note and now we start the transition to baseball season.

1 comment:

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template