Saturday, April 4, 2009

My thoughts and observations of the New stadium

I parked on the street about a block from the stadium so I walked down along the side of the stadium. I noticed the new garage which is very nice first, too expensive though and I don't pay to park hardly ever. As you walk down along the side of the stadium there are huge pictures of Yankee players which is a very nice touch. The players entrance to the underground parking garage is very interesting, they have huge pillars that go down when the players need to get in and they stop everyone from walking. The main entrance to the New Stadium is very nice, they have vendors outside and you can still see the old stadium. The lines to get into the stadium are a lot quicker and better organized, you scan the barcode on the ticket and go right in. The first thing you see when you enter is the Great Hall which you are in, there are huge banners above of all old Yankee players, if you go straight there are elevators and escalators. You can go to the right and there is a huge HD video screen and you can walk up the ramp to get to other levels of the stadium including the NYY steak and the Hard Rock Cafe as well as the Yankee Museum. The stadium is very well marked with signs and it is pretty easy to navigate around, there is a Yankee team store to the right also as you first walk in. The Great Hall is just amazing and this will be a main meeting point for people I am sure. The field itself looks like the old field, I love the frieze back up on top of the stadium all the way around. The huge HD scoreboard in CF is amazing, it is so big and clear. I like the armitron clock in the outfield all the way up top in left center. The concourses are so much wider you don't feel so cramped and that you are constantly bumping into others like the old stadium. There is so much room to walk and wander around, you walk up from your seats right to the bathrooms and concessions and it is all open so you can just turn around and watch the game, also I like the fact you can walk around the main level or wherever you want and stand and watch even if you don't have a ticket there. The old stadium they would make you keep walking, no stopping without a ticket. The stadium is just amazing, it is breathtaking, there is any kind of foods you could want from PBJ for the kids to the restaurants to Jhonny Rockets and spanish and Japanese food. I don't think they missed a thing in this stadium. There are Tvs all over the place also so you don't miss anything. The between innings stuff and music is pretty much the same although they didn't do the YMCA today. I hope everyone gets a chance to see this Grand Stadium, it is just a treasure. The key of course though will be the team, if the team wins it will continue to be a great place and if they don't then it won't be as great. It is hard for me to describe in words but I tried to give as good of an explanation as I could, if you have any thoughts or questions please comment and I will gladly try and anwer. The staff was very friendly and I hope this continues, at the old stadium there seemed to be some grump employees. I did not see Freddie but I am sure he is still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template