Friday, April 3, 2009

Yanks keep on winning

I hope this continues to be a theme when the games count,the New York Yankees beat the Chicago Cubs 7-4 tonight in the first game at the New Yankee Stadium. I liked the coverage as YES did a great job with that, I really enjoyed seeing Kim Jones and Bob Lorenz around the stadium showing different things during the game. Chieng-Ming Wang looked a little off to me but he hung in there and reached the amount of pitches he wanted too. It was nice to see Robinson Cano hit the first homerun in the New Stadium and Derek Jeter get the first hit. I think Robbie Cano looks great and I think he will have a huge year. It was good to see Hideki Matsui drill one and also Cody Ransom hard not to like and root for this guy. The bullpen looked great as I don't think they allowed a baserunner between MO, Albaladejo, Veras and Ramirez. The stadium was the star of the show and I am going to talk about some things. The one thing that they said on YES and I noticed right away was how much the new stadium looks like the old on the field. The Great Hall looks great and so does the huge scoreboard in CF. It looks like people can mingle around the ballpark more and there is a ton of room. I am more of an oldschool guy that doesn't get up from my seat until the game is over but it seems nice for people that do get up and that you never have to miss a pitch since it is open. It was hard for me to tell if the upper deck is closer, i will be checking out the view from all over tomorrow when I am there and can report on that. The clubhouse looks great and I am sure Kim Jones will have fun tracking guys down in there. I can't believe the players have their own lockers for just their bats. It will be interesting to see how the field plays, which the players said to check back with them, the infield looked a little fast but it was wet and the grass hasn't had time to grow. The stadium got a test with the rain and really seemed to drain well. I can't wait to tomorrow and I will have a lot more then and Monday we start the long journey that hopefully will culminate in a World Series Title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template