Saturday, July 4, 2009

Game 80: Blue Jays at Yankees

Here are the game note and lineup via Peter Abraham and the Lohud Yankees Blog. I am enjoying the sun and pool today that is why I am not going to write everything out. I do want to say Happy Birthday to George Steinbrenner who turns 79 today, Brian Cashman turned 42 yesterday. Today marks independence day so go out and enjoy the day with family and friends and have a safe and Happy holiday. It also marks 70 years ago today that Lou Gehrig made what is considered to be the greatest sports speech ever. The Yankees will honor him today with a video tribute before the game. They will have #4 which was Lou's number on first base and will wear a patch 4ALS on all their uniforms. The Yes Network will also have a story about a ALS victim and Lou Gehrig. As you are enjoying your bbq and family and friends stop and take a moment and think of Lou Gehrig, a lot of people don't realize how great he was but I suggest you look up his stats or read Luckiest Man which is about him. I am not sure if I will be back later to write the postgame stuff because I am headed out to PA at some point and I will be at the AAA Scranton game tomorrow with the Lohud Yankees blog. I plan on putting some pictures up and writing something about that on Monday. Game 80: Blue Jays at Yankees Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template