Monday, June 29, 2009

My Citi Field experience

I went to Citi Field on Saturday night to see the Yankees play the Mets. The first cool thing to happen was on my way there on the Grand Central Parkway, all of the sudden we heard all these sirens and saw police cars coming and everyone moving out of the way well wouldn't you know that it was the Yankees team bus coming to the game. The bus drove right past us, it was a really nice bus of course. The first thing I noticed about Citi Field was how impressive it looked from the outside and how good the employees were with getting everyone into the parking lot and parked in a safe and orderly manner. I walked up to the stadium and just stared in amazement at how impressive it is, Shea was just terrible and I always hated it there, Citi Field immediatel was 30 times better then Shea. I really though that it was set up nice and was pretty intimate for a big stadium. I loved how the scoreboards were set up and the between innings activities that they do. I thought there was a lot of legroom and a lot of room to walk in the corridors, the section we were in had the Caesars Club which was a really nice lounge. It felt like being in a VIP lounce in Atlantic City or Las Vegas. It had nice leather couches and chairs and tables to sit and relax along with the high end concessions and bar. There was a bunch of flat screen televisions. I really liked that area. The level I was in was in the middle third base line in the outfield and other then the left field corner you could see the whole field perfectly, i thought the site lines were great and they had flat screen televisions to the left and right all through the section which was a nice touch. I didn't get to see everything and I definitely want to go back and see more but a really cool thing they have there is a mini Citi Field that is a wiffle ball field for the kids to play in, they even had a homerun hitting contest from there in between one of the innings. The Jackie Robinson Rotunda was very nice and a great spot to take pictures. I definitely thought it was a great park and plan on going back, I am not sure if it was better then Yankees Stadium but it may be. I will post pictures as soon as I can get them downloaded to my computer. I hope everyone that lives around here will get a chance to go at least once, it is definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template