Tuesday, November 17, 2009

AL Cy Young

The American League Cy Young is about to be announced in roughly 10 minutes. The serious candidates are Zach Greinke from the Royals who came back from some anxiety disorder to have a unbelievable year. Felix Hernandez of the Mariners who I don't think a lot of people realize how good he was because he plays in Seattle and CC Sabathia who won 19 games and of course helped lead the Yankees to the World Championship. The writers are only supposed to be voting on the regular season and I wouldn't expect them to be influenced by the Yankees winning and CC Sabathia being great in the postseason but who knows. I am going to pick Zach Greinke to win it. I will be back in a little while with the announcement and some reaction to it. UPDATE: Zach Greinke of the Royals won the award in a landslide. Felix Hernandez of the Mariners finished second with Justin Verlander third and CC Sabathia fourth. I think fourth is a little disappointing for CC but I am sure he doesn't mind since he has that nice shiny ring to show off. Tomorrow will be the NL Cy Young. I am glad I got this one right since yesterday I struck out with my predictions of the Rookie of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template