Saturday, January 17, 2009

CC Sabathia

CC Sabathia recieved the Warren Spahn award for being the best left handed pitcher in baseball. This is the second year in a row he has won it. Warren Spahns son challenged him to be back next year to win it for a third straight year. CC had some interesting things to say. "If you ask anybody in my family or anybody that knows me, there is no outside pressure that could be put on me that I don't put on myself." "I put an enourmous amount of pressure on myself to go out there and perform and to expect to win every game, expect to pitch well in every game. I think having the guys in New York, the Arods, Jeters and these great players, Tex-- I think it will help me be a better player." Before recieving the award he said he is excited to have Joba and Mo closing out games for him. He says he has already talked to Joba about this, does he know something we don't know?? I thought Joba was a starter. "To add me and AJ and have Tex in that lineup, i think its going to be an unbelievable team, hopefully it will be a special year." I have always liked CC and have wanted him for the past year as some of you already know. I like this guy even more everytime he speaks. I really think he is going to have fun and loosen up the clubhouse and hopefully all the chemistry will work together and they will get back to the top of the mountain. I am so excited to see these guys go to work everyday and just have that passion to win that I think has been missing. I feel Tex,CC and even AJ will bring that fire, that moxy to the team.

2 comments:

  1. As a Brewer fan I just have to say, Enjoy your time with CC. He will do you guys well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think so and sure hope so. I have wanted this guy for the past year or so. He seems like a really fun guy and he can sure pitch.

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template