Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hall Of Fame Announcement

The Hall Of Fame Class of 2010 will be announced in about 15 minutes. I haven't thought about it too much but I think Roberto Alomar will get in and Andre Dawson. I think Jack Morris may but he hasn't so far so what will change now? I want to discuss the selections and who didn't get selected later on. I would like to hear what you guys think. I will be back later with the official announcement. UPDATE: 5:34PM- I know I am a few hours late on this but Andre Dawson was the only player to be elected into the Hall Of Fame. If you look closely at the numbers he is pretty much a compiler that you question if he should really get in. The bigger story to me though is how did Robbie Alomar not get in?? He was the best second baseman of his generation who had great numbers all around including the postseason. I know he had that spitting incident with the umpire but all was forgiven and they have even become good friends. That is not a reason to keep him out of the hall. I think too many people with votes have an agenda and it just isn't right. I would take this so seriously if I had a vote and really look at all the numbers and go with what is really right in your heart. I also think the whole Mark McGwire thing is showing that these steroid guys are going to get punished big time and maybe never make the Hall. I do think guys like A-rod and Bonds will get in but it may even take them a while to get elected. It will be fun to debate this now in the cold winter months. I want to take a look at some of the numbers later again and maybe post some of them on here and we can debate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template