Sunday, January 4, 2009

Andruw Jones

The Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to trade or release embattled OF Andruw Jones. He has agreed to defer much of his 22million dollars left on his contract. The question I have is, if the Yankees can get him to sign a minor league deal, would it be worth taking a flier on him? I dont know if i would do it, but it could be interesting. If he comes to camp to compete with Gardner and Melky, maybe that would give them a kick in the butt and Jones cant really be as bad as he has been right? He would be motivated by a new team and he is only 32. I am just throwing this out there, what do you guys think? Peter Abraham has also posted this on his yankees.lhblogs.com blog, check it out. I would personally just let Melky and Gardner battle it out, but its worth thinking about.

2 comments:

  1. I say no way to Andrew. Right now, he is beyond horrible. For next year, he needs a dramatic turn around just to put up average numbers. His career is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you but i was just throwing it out there.

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template