Sunday, January 4, 2009

NFL Playoffs

The Wild Card weekend has come to an end and the matchups are all set for the divisional round. The Philadelphia Eagles went into Minnesota and took care of them by a score of 26-14. They will face off against the New York Giants in the meadowlands at 1:00pm Sunday afternoon. The Arizona Cardinals took care of business at home defeating the Atlanta Falcons and setting up a date with the Carolina Panthers in Carolina on Saturday night at 8:15PM. In the AFC the San Diego Chargers defeated league MVP Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in which was probably the best game. The Chargers won in OT 23-17. The Chargers will play at Pittsburgh on Sunday at 4:45PM. The Baltimore Ravens defeated the Miami Dolphins in Miami by a score of 27-9. Baltimore will play at Tennesee on Saturday at 4:30PM. I think the Giants/Eagles can really setup as a great game. These are division rivals who know each other well. My early prediction is that the Giants will hold them off but I will have the official picks by the end of the week. I think Pittsburgh will end the Chargers streak and I think Baltimore could upset Tennesee. I also think the Panthers will defeat the Cardinals. I think next week will be a good weekend of football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template