Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tex to be introduced

The Yankees offices have been closed since christmas. They will be reopening tomorrow and it looks like they may be ready to unveil Big Tex on Tuesday. The Daily News was reporting this today. A interesting part of this Tex signing is that Bucky Dent Played with Tex father in high school and was reunited with him years later when Tex first came to Texas and Dent was a coach there. Bucky Dent says that Tex will thrive in NY, lets all hope so. The Yankees will be holding a clinic in Taiwan Jan 7-11 for pitchers, catchers and coaches. The taiwanese participants are all high school level. This is the Yankees largest outreach to Taiwan, of course they have the most popular guy from there in Ching Ming Wang.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Yankee bloggers -

    First off, I am sorry in advance if I have already contacted you about this.

    I just started a new blog as a continuation of my old one - NYYStadiumInsider.com.

    The blog is now called "New Stadium Insider" (http://newstadiuminsider.com)

    If possible, can you please link to this site, but also leave the link to NYY Stadium Insider if you had one before? I had a lot of good stuff there that I am keeping up as an archive.

    Please email me (ross at NYYStadiumInsider dot com) if we have not exchanged links before to confirm and I will gladly add you to my blogroll!

    Thanks and Happy New Year -

    Ross
    http://newstadiuminsider.com

    formerly
    htttp://nyystadiuminsider.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template