Friday, January 2, 2009

Slow Baseball Month

The Florida Marlins announced today that they have signed former Yankee Scott Proctor. He was signed for 750,000 with a 250,000 incentives clause. I wish him all the luck, i am sure he will do well finally being away from Joe Torre. I expect to see him pitch less then he has in years thanks to having a manager other then Torre. A construction worker fell 12 feet today at the new stadium and got injured. It looks like he will be fine, i hope he can get some tickets for all his hard work and the trauma this caused. I dont know if anyone really payed attention and it isn't about baseball but its related. The Detroit Red Wings defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 4-0 in the winter classic at Wrigley Field. I do think this is a really cool idea and enjoy seeing the outdoor games. I would think at some point they will probably use Citifield or Yankee Stadium but we shall see. I will remind everyone when it gets closer but I will be guest blogging on Peter Abrahams yankees.lhblogs.com blog on January 21. It is a slow month for baseball and I recommend that everyone check out the guest blogs on his site that started yesterday and run through the first week of February. Make sure you comment on the posts and dont forget about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template