Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yanks/Twins Recap

I am sorry for the lack of posts today but I was busy meeting Bernie Williams this morning and then got caught up in the Yankees game this afternoon. I will post a pic of me and Bernie later and talk about it a little. The Yankees had another great walk off win today, A-rod hit a 2 run walk off homerun. Mark Teixeira is looking good, he was 4-4 with 4 rbi's and a walk. I wonder if A-rod hitting behind him has anything to do with that hmmm?? Joba Chamberlain pitched 6 good innings, 2 runs on 3 hits. He is walking too many guys which raises the pitch count but he is getting better and better and he has a great era. The one thing about this team is I don't like how the offense is dormant for long stretches, I still think Kevin Long has to go. I do like how they come back though and never seem to give up. MO looked like the old MO today and Alfredo Aceves was sharp, I don't know why Joe continues to use Ramirez and Veras as I just think they are a waste and Melancon and Robertson would be much better and Phil Coke shouldn't pitch for as long as he did that is when he gets into trouble. The Yankees should be getting Bruney and Wang back this week and Posada in the next couple of weeks and Nady may even be back in 2 or 3 weeks and then that will really help them. A.J. Burnett starts tommorrow vs Kevin Slowey and really needs to have a strong start and get in the win column and then maybe someone will pie him. I think the Yankees can keep it going tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template