Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yanks go for 2 in a row over Tigers

The New York Yankees will try and win their second consecutive game over the Tigers this afternoon at the Stadium. Today marks the 10 year anniversary of David Cones perfect game and he will be on hand to throw out the first pitch and I am sure they will have some kind of pregame ceremony. I will be heading out to the stadium in about half an hour so not sure if I will have the lineup and notes before then but if not I will be back later with the postgame recap and notes if any. There was one not from yesterday that I forgot to mention. Sergio Mitre will be called up and be the fifth starter on Tuesday against Baltimore. He has been performing well at AAA and the Yankees feel Alfredo Aceves is too valuable out of the bullpen. Enjoy the game today and I will try to put something up before I leave if there is anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template