Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where does Jeter rank

It was interesting today to hear and see all the people trying to rank Jeter among the all time great Yankees. I guess it is a fun time to do this and he should be up there. Mike Francessa isn't one to get caught up in this and he thinks 3,000 hits is much bigger but it is a fact that with his next hit Derek Jeter will be the all time hits leader for the New York Yankees and because it is the Yankees it is a big deal. I want to play a little game and see where everyone would rank the greatest Yankees and my list would look like this. 1. Lou Gehrig 2. Babe Ruth 3. Joe D 4. Mickey Mantle 5. Yogi Berra 6.Mariano Rivera 7. Derek Jeter 8. Whitey Ford 9. Bill Dickey Here are my top 9, 10 is really hard it could be a few guys. The reason I put Lou Gehrig ahead of the Babe is because he was a Yankee his whole career. Mo is the greatest there ever was so arguably he could be even higher but he is a pitcher. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about this and there own list, please put this in the comment thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template