Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some Major League Baseball Odds and Ends

This is a story that involves both the Yankees and Red Sox. It is a bitter rivalry but when it comes to something like this there should be no rivaly. One of the Red Sox top prospects and he may even be their top. Baseball America rated him as the top prospect in the organization. Ryan Westmoreland will be undergoing brain surgery today. It is not known if he will ever return to baseball but at this time that doesn't even matter. This is a life threatening procedure as is any brain surgery. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family in this very difficult time. I can't say that this won't hurt the Boston Red Sox of course and I am sure there will be some Yankees fans that will bring up this hurting their hated rival but I don't think this is the time for that. I hope that he makes it through this and doesn't have too many setbacks after the surgery and one day he can return to baseball. This is a story that I will keep an eye on. The other big story of the last couple of days is probably more of a joke then anything. The rumor has been that there could be a trade between the St. Louis Cardinals and Philadelphia Phillies. The trade would be Albert Pujols for Ryan Howard. I don't see how this would ever happen and don't think it would. If I was the Phillies I would make the trade in a minute because Pujols is definitely better then Howard. I know some people have called this a modern day Joe Dimaggio for Ted Williams trade rumor/debate but you can't compare it to that because there is no question that Pujols is better. It is interesting anyway to debate and talk about and I would love to hear some opinions especially if there are any Cardinals or Phillies fans out there that want to discuss this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template