Thursday, February 26, 2009

More on Yanks Game Today

I did watch the entire replay of todays game on YES tonight. I have some thoughts, im going to start by saying Robinson Cano looked great in the field while he was in there, making 2 outstanding plays, showing some range and hustle. I also noticed that Shelly Duncan still has some serious power and emotion. The pitchers, i am very high on Mark Melancon and liked what I saw out of him in his one inning of work, I think he may make the team out of spring training but if not you will see him up at some point this year. Brian Bruney looks just awesome, he has the potential to be lights out in the 8th and then people will forget about Joba if he is doing well as a starter. Jon Albaladejo also lost some weight and looks good himself, but I think its a numbers game and he wont make it. JB Cox gave up the only run and got hit around a little, boy has his stock dropped, he was a well thought of prospect and isn't thought of much anymore. Damaso Marte and Phil Coke looked good as well, I really think they will carry 2 lefties in the pen. I like the versatility Coke offers being able to start, short relief, long relief. What really stood out to me as I said before was that Phil Hughes fastball was popping and showing up at 90-92 on the YES gun which is pretty good for this time of spring, if he is healthy I expect him to be back up to 94-95 and with that he can be very effective. Ian Kennedy goes tomorrow in Fort Myers against the Twins, I don't think many regulars are going to be down there. Tex may go and maybe Posada but I don't think Arod, Jeter, Cano will play as they made the first trip. When I get the lineups and pitchers after IPK I will post it tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template