Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hi everyone, well what a great day for me to get started with this venture. The New York Yankees have traded Wilson Betemit,Jeff Marquez and Jhonny Nunez to the Chicago Whitesox for Nick Swisher and Kanekoa Texiera a minor league pitcher. Well we all know Betemit was only great in the Yankees minds but never amounted to much. Jeff Marquez I had the pleasure of meeting and what a great kid he is, good luck to him and Nunez was only hear for a few months last year in the minors. I think this deal is good. All of you out there that thinks this precludes the Yanks from getting TEX dont think that, if they do get Tex they will play Swisher in CF or LF, this just gives them flexibility. Nick swisher is young a pretty good defender, a switch hitter and has a good heart, more of that grinder that we love so much. I believe part of the Yanks problems have been having guys like Giambi and Abreu who really dont care so much win or lose as long as they get their money and numbers. With Swisher and Nady this changes the dynamic and also we are getting younger.

10 comments:

  1. Great blog Gar, this is great for you since you are so knowlegdable about the Yankees amongst other sports teams. Keep writing, it'll keep me informted of what's going on with them since I can never seem to follow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, i will be posting a lot more once i get more action. Please spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gary, i was just checking out your blog, its very well done, great job. I live in manhattan and I am a huge Yankees fan. I will spread the word for you,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G-MAN,
    I LOVE ACTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you love action, tell me what sport you want to talk about and we will get some more things up here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. after cc will yanks go after lowe or will lowe shop my mets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think the Yanks will look at AJ or maybe even sheets before lowe. I could see the Mets landing Lowe and maybe even the redsox. I dont want him with the yankees he is getting old and has been pitching in the NL. If he comes back to the AL east im not so sure he will even be decent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Gary. Great job with the site. I will be spreading the word. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI gary,
    The lowe comment was from me earlier

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK thank you fearless for your comment. I am now hearing the Yankees aren't really interested that its all coming from Lowes agent to try and drive up the price, so that is probably good news for your Mets, i do think they Bosox are looking at him also though. I will be posting about the Hotstove soon which will include the Mets.

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template