Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Farm System Rankings

Keith Law of ESPN.com put out his farm system ranking list today. The New York Yankees were ranked 15th. I guess middle of the pack isn't too bad but it definitely was a step down from the last couple of years. Alan Horne,Humberto Sanchez,Andrew Brackman all being hurt last year hurt this ranking and if they all have big years this year as well as Austin Jackson and Jesus Montero this rating will get better. I am not an insider so can't see exactly what he had to say about the Yanks system. I do know the Boston Red Sox were rated 7th. I would watch all the guys I mentioned above as well as guys like Hughes,Melancon who will probably make an impact in the majors this year. The Yankees are a little weak in the positions but watch for Jesus Montero and Austine Romine-two catchers who will be in A and maybe AA at the end of the season. I will try and see if I could get the scouting report he did on the Yankees and then post that. I will also before the season go through the minor league rosters and do a more in depth look at some of the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template