Thursday, January 22, 2009

Freddy "The Rock" Garcia

Freddy Garcia has narrowed his choice of teams down to the New York Mets and New York Yankees. It was reported by XM radio today that the Yankees have made an offer but it is not known for how much. I would guess the Mets also made an offer. I hope the Yankees are able to sign him to a minor league deal. If they can't sign him for that then maybe 1 yr 1-2million. I think it is worth the risk, if healthy he can pitch and if he isn't you don't lose too much money on it. I thin then the Yankees could also sign Petitte or someone else for roughly 8 million. They could also just sign Garcia and throw him in the mix with Hughes,Kennedy,Coke,Aceves,Johnson. I think we will know the decision soon and go from there. I am guessing if the Mets do not get him they will go after Sheets. I don't know if you guys get the Rock reference but he is the former wrestler and current movie star Dwayne Johnson. Freddy looks exactly like him so we could all chant Rock at Yankee Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template