Wednesday, August 5, 2009

George Murray part of Hope week Passes away

There is sad news to report as George Murray passed away last night. He was part of Hope week which took place on the last homestand. He had ALS and had no use of his arms and legs, he was confined to a wheelchair and was 38 years old. He got to see a game with his wife and 4 year old son Trayson and took a private tour of Yankee Stadium with Mark Teixeira, Derek Jeter, Phil Coke and Cody Ransom. They were also given a suprise anniversary party with several yankees. This is a sad story as Mr. Murray passed away last night. The Yankees did a great job with Hope week and I am sure they will get the family back to Yankee Stadium in the near future. My thoughts and prayers go out with the whole family as Mr. Murray was taken way too young but at least the Yankees gave him some happiness in his final days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. I knew George as I worked with him when he was a guidance counselor in the same district I worked in. I will miss him and always remember him. When he had to quit working because of his ALS, it was a huge loss for our school system. Peace be with you George. I will never forget you.

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template