Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Its 1 of 162 not the end of the world

I admit it was a terrible way to start the season and I get just as upset as everyone else but you have to calm down over one bad game. I think I know enough about baseball and am a big enough fan to say this: I have always thought you can't accurately look at a baseball team until they have played 25 games, not 1, 5, 10 of course we can be upset before then but lets just wait. I also look at the season in series and sometimes more like this 9 game roadtrip. I looked at it at the beginning and say the Yankees should be 6-3m 5-4 would be acceptable but no worse then that before returning home to officially open the new stadium. The object is to play around 500 on the road and win your home games, the Yankees have Wang and AJ Burnett going the next couple of days, if they pitch well they will win those games and be ok. The point is lets just calm down and wait a little before we go nuts or say whats wrong with the Yankees? The Yankees have a very good pitching staff and you are not going to see much of what happened yesterday. The Boston Red Sox play the Tampa Bay Rays today at 4:00pm after getting rained out yesterday. Josh Beckett will go against James Shields. There are a whole slew of other games also today and I will go through them later on today. The Yankees will play 12 straight games starting tomorrow so there won't be much time to get all upset about one game, just got to keep chugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template