Friday, April 10, 2009

Yankees at Kansas City

UPDATE 3:05PM: I do have the lineups now and here they are Yankees Jeter(ss) Damon(lf) Teixera(1b) Matsui(dh) Posada(c) Cano(2b) Swisher(rf) Ransom(3b) Gardner(cf) KC Crisp(cf) Aviles(ss) Dejesus(lf) Teahen(rf) Gordon(3b) Butler(dh) Jacobs(1b) Olivio(c) Callaspo(2b) This is a bonus for today as I usually won't be posting the opposing teams lineup. Derek Jeter and Mark Teixera have fared well in their careers against Sidney Ponson. Jeter has 5 hrs going 29 of 77. Big Tex is 8 of 15 against him, the Yankees also will get to see old friend Kyle Farnsworth who already has blown a save for the Royals. Pettitte is 12-3 with a 3.59 career era against the Royals and 7-2 3.34 career in KC. Cody Ransom has struggled going 1-10, maybe they do need Arod after all. Robinson Cano is off to a great start going 6 of 11 with 5 runs scored, 3 rbi, 3 walks and 2 extra base hits. He hasn't struck out yet and it took him 19 games last year to get 3 walks. I give a shoutout to Peter Abraham for having the lineups and notes on his blog, check it out at http://yankees.lhblogs.com. Enjoy the game everyone and hopefully I will be back later with a happy postgame recap. I don't have the lineup yet or any notes but the Yankees will take on old friend Sidney Ponson today at 4:10pm. Kaufmann Stadium underwent a renovation and it will be interesting to see how it looks, i have always liked their stadium out there. I think the Yankees will score some runs off Ponson and if Andy can pitch a good game they should get a victory today. I think they will be more relaxed after getting their first victory and Big Tex after a rough start had a good day yesterday and I think he will be ok. I will be back in a little bit when I get the lineups and pregame notes. I do have a quick note, Andrew Brackman got shelled in his first outing yesterday in A-Charleston. AA Trenton picked up their first victory 5-4 in 14 innings yesterday and AAA-Scranton picked up their first victory in their first game.

1 comment:

  1. I like Sydney and hope he does well this year except when he pitches against the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template