Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Joba in the headlines

I have to admit when I saw this in the Post this morning I was a little nervous. When you read the story though it is a lot of nothing. He was pulled over and charged with the DUI 6 months ago and then he was recently sentenced to probation and lost his license for 6 months. The papers obviously had nothing to write about with the Mets and Yankees both off yesterday so they had to come up with this. The smoking gun website had a video of Joba yesterday during his arrest and he said some things but what he said was that Yogi Berra is short and that NY drivers are rude, Wow this is so alarming, I didn't know any of these things. The papers of course made it out to be a big deal and it's not. The big deal is that he was driving drunk but that is over and done with, hopefully he is over that and it doesn't turn into a big problem. I know I did stupid things when I was young and I am not famous and don't have money. He got caught up in his fame and just had too much too fast and hopefully this was a hard lesson for him to learn but that he did learn it. Mike Ashmore the Trenton Thunder beat writer and has the Thunder Thoughts blog posted some stuff from Media Day down there yesterday. He has audio, video and quotes so check it out if you are a fan of the farm system and the Trenton Thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template